It’s a 10-piece Beauty Surprise collection brimming with mystery goodies. These go fast. We’re talking a few hours. Tops. You’ve been warned…
This Mystery Box was only avaliable on March 17, 2015. Since I had never gotten a Bare Minerals Mystery Box before, I decided to try it out.
I was lucky to get one of their special Black Friday deals a year or two ago and was very happy with the value, so I thought this might be similar. I definitely think the is a great way to try out different products from their brand.
The Mystery box was $45.00 and was labeled as a $191 value.
Here’s what was included in my Mystery Box:
- Soft Focus Face Brush with Matte Black Handle ($30)
- Big & Bright Eyeliner, Charcoal ($14)
- Big & Bright Eyeliner, Midnight ($14)
- Prime Time Primer Shadow, Racing Green ($18)
- Natural Lipgloss, Rose ($15)
- Ready Touch Up Veil Broad Spectrum SPF 15, Tinted ($23)
- Ready Eyeshadow 4.0, The Exotic Escape w/ Rose Gold Case (orig $30)
- Brightening Pearl Perfect Light Mineral Veil w/ Rose Gold Cap (6.5g – $18 ?)
- Mini Prime Time Brightening Eyelid Primer (1.5ml)
- Sample Prime Time Foundation Primer (1ml)
- Large Patent Leather Makeup Bag
I think the $191 value is a little high because after looking up my items online it is more like $160. Especially since many of these items are no longer available and can be found at a discount. Even at $160, it is still a great value of items at $45.
My favorite items in the Mystery Box are the Soft Focus Face Brush and the Ready Touch Up Veil. I have wanted to try out their pressed powders since they started making them but never ended up getting any. So far I really like the results and the brush is super soft!
I was pretty impressed with the variety of the box but most of the items are not necessarily something I will use. I have tried a few different Mineral Veils before and I am not a fan of them. I also tried out the Charcoal Eyeliner today, which I like as a backup. I just recently started wearing eyeliner – but I still prefer the Stila liquid Eyeliner I received in the Sephora Favorites Superstars Set. The Midnight (blue) Eyeliner isn’t for me, so I will probably end up gifting it to a friend who loves colored eyeliners.
Overall, I think this is a really great way to try out different products from BareMinerals at a great price. The three items I ended up using would cost almost $70 to purchase separately, so it definitely ended up being a good deal. I am not sure if I will do another Mystery Box right away, but maybe in another year or two I will be ready to experiment with new BareMinerals products.
Instagram filter used: Nashville