The bareSkin Get Started Kit is $39.98 ($129 value) with a “New Flawless Club” membership (pricing varies depending on package and can be cancelled at any time).
- bareSkin Foundation – $18
- Perfecting Face Brush – $28
- bareSkin Perfecting Veil Sheer Boost – $20
- Soft Focus Face Brush – $30
- Correcting Concealor Broad Spectrum SPF 20 – $12
- Mini Stroke of Light Eye Brightener – regular $11
- Mini Lash Domination Voluminizing Mascara – regular $10
I was intrigued to try out their liquid foundation, and the introductory price seemed great. I wasn’t sure how I felt being forced into a paid membership to try it but the billing doesn’t start for two months so there was time to cancel if needed.
When the kit arrived my first thought was: SMALL. The foundation size was much smaller than I had expected, but after reading the guide, I found that you only need to use a few drops for each application.
I have been using the kit since it arrived and I am absolutely in love with the bareSkin foundation and Perfecting Face Brush. The coverage is great and the application is very easy. The color and formula blends in perfectly with my complection. I already have decided to make these two products a part of my everyday routine.
I didn’t end up liking the Perfecting Veil because it was too dark for my skin. The Concealor and Brightener were nice and good products, but not super necessary for my routine. I didn’t need another mascara, but the applicator is great so I will definitely continue using it.
I want to continue using the foundation for the next to months before deciding whether I will continue with the club subscription, but so far I am sold! I really just need the foundation, though so I will consider that as well.
It’s an 11-piece Beauty Surprise collection brimming with mystery goodies. These go fast. We’re talking a few hours. Tops. You’ve been warned…
The BareMinerals Mystery Box costs $45 with an estimated $195 value. Here’s what I received in my May box:
- Buff & Conceal Brush
- READY Luminizer Duo The Love Affair & The Shining Moment (pink nectar glow/golden champagne
- Big & Bright Eyeliner in Espresso
- 5-in-1 BB Advanced Performance SPF 20 Mineral Veil
- Blush in Sweet Romance (Candlelight Glow)
- Marvelous Moxie Lipstick (Dim the Lights)
- Natural Light Face Lifting Duo
- bareVitamins – Skin Rev-er Upper
- Mini READY Touch Up Veil Broad Spectrum Spf 15
- Whipped Velvet Eye Color – Deep Sky
- Whipped Velvet Eye Color- Rich Olive
The only product I’ve used is the Lipstick. Everything else was kind of a miss for me, but I do appreciate the value of the box. I will probably wait a little while before buying another one.
It’s a 10-piece Beauty Surprise collection brimming with mystery goodies. These go fast. We’re talking a few hours. Tops. You’ve been warned…
This Mystery Box was only avaliable on March 17, 2015. Since I had never gotten a Bare Minerals Mystery Box before, I decided to try it out.
I was lucky to get one of their special Black Friday deals a year or two ago and was very happy with the value, so I thought this might be similar. I definitely think the is a great way to try out different products from their brand.
The Mystery box was $45.00 and was labeled as a $191 value.
Here’s what was included in my Mystery Box:
- Soft Focus Face Brush with Matte Black Handle ($30)
- Big & Bright Eyeliner, Charcoal ($14)
- Big & Bright Eyeliner, Midnight ($14)
- Prime Time Primer Shadow, Racing Green ($18)
- Natural Lipgloss, Rose ($15)
- Ready Touch Up Veil Broad Spectrum SPF 15, Tinted ($23)
- Ready Eyeshadow 4.0, The Exotic Escape w/ Rose Gold Case (orig $30)
- Brightening Pearl Perfect Light Mineral Veil w/ Rose Gold Cap (6.5g – $18 ?)
- Mini Prime Time Brightening Eyelid Primer (1.5ml)
- Sample Prime Time Foundation Primer (1ml)
- Large Patent Leather Makeup Bag
I think the $191 value is a little high because after looking up my items online it is more like $160. Especially since many of these items are no longer available and can be found at a discount. Even at $160, it is still a great value of items at $45.
My favorite items in the Mystery Box are the Soft Focus Face Brush and the Ready Touch Up Veil. I have wanted to try out their pressed powders since they started making them but never ended up getting any. So far I really like the results and the brush is super soft!
I was pretty impressed with the variety of the box but most of the items are not necessarily something I will use. I have tried a few different Mineral Veils before and I am not a fan of them. I also tried out the Charcoal Eyeliner today, which I like as a backup. I just recently started wearing eyeliner – but I still prefer the Stila liquid Eyeliner I received in the Sephora Favorites Superstars Set. The Midnight (blue) Eyeliner isn’t for me, so I will probably end up gifting it to a friend who loves colored eyeliners.
Overall, I think this is a really great way to try out different products from BareMinerals at a great price. The three items I ended up using would cost almost $70 to purchase separately, so it definitely ended up being a good deal. I am not sure if I will do another Mystery Box right away, but maybe in another year or two I will be ready to experiment with new BareMinerals products.
Instagram filter used: Nashville
View in Instagram ⇒