A defining line here. A splash of color there. Every woman has her own unique way of showing the beauty within her. At Walmart, you’ll discover the latest products and most trusted brands at our low prices. Every day.
For $5 each season, Walmart will send you a box full of samples and coupons for Walmart beauty products.
Here’s a list of the samples and coupons I received in my Spring box:
- John Frieda Touchably Full Shampoo and Conditioner (0.28oz/8.3ml each)
- L’Oreal Color Vibrancy Shampoo, Conditioner, and Instant Shock Treatment (0.34oz/10ml each)
- TRESemme Fresh Start Dry Shampoo(1.15oz/32g)
- St. Ives Fresh Skin Apricot Scrub(1.0oz/28g)
- Dial 7 Day Moisturizing Lotion – Omega Moisture (0.5oz/14ml)
- Dove Pure Care Dry Oil (0.4oz/11ml)
- Hard Candy All Glossed Up Lip Stain in Chic (0.081oz/2.3g)
- Nivea Smooth Sensation Dry Skin Body Lotion (0.14oz/4ml)
And the Coupons/Ads:
- $2.00 Off Coupon for any John Frieda Luxurious Volume styling product
- $1.00 Off Coupon for any one Nivea Body Lotion or Creme
- $2.00 Off Coupon for one Covergirl + Olay Simply Ageless Foundation Product
- Ad for Maybelline’s new pallette: The Blushed Nudes
At first glance, I was fairly disappointed in my items compared to others I have already seen, as it looks like others received larger samples and more coupons in their boxes. But now that I am looking into the items more carefully, I am actually becoming more excited in some of the items I received.
I was most happy to see the Hard Candy lip stain. I believe this is full size and $5 in stores, so that one item covers the price of the entire box. Chic is a nude color, not my first choice but it’s pretty and glides on silky smooth. I like it!
I also really liked the Dial 7 Day Moisturizing Lotion. It smells like berries/peaches to me and my skin loved it. It looks like the Omega Moisture is a newer scent featuring Sea Berries. I also saw they have a Greek Yogurt lotion which sounds delicious!
The majority of my box contained hair care type products, which is something I don’t use a lot of. I have quite a few oils that I have received in different subscriptions that have been left unused… so I don’t see the Dove one to be of much use for me. I will have to force myself to use the shampoo/conditioner samples so that they aren’t wasted. I hear other rave about dry shampoo all the time, so maybe I will give it a try, as well.
Once I am able to thoroughly test each product, I might post a review of an item that stands out to me. So far I am most intrigued by Dove’s whole Omega Moisture/Sea Berries line.
Overall, I am pretty pleased with the selection for $5. Since I generally do not shop at Walmart or buy these types/brands of products, I am probably not their target market. I ended up cancelling my subscription, but I did enjoy getting this box and think the value is good.
Instagram filter used: Valencia