This is my fourth OuiPlease box and so far the one I have been most pleased with – not to mention the closest OuiPlease has come to matching the original promised $400 value. I did notice that they have since changed the verbiage for the current box:
“OuiPlease Vol. 1.6 White Winter in the Alps is valued at least Twice the Price per parcel.”
Since the month-to-month box costs $150, that would make the new value only $300.
Other than the usual delay, I also had a few issues with shipping (even though I had updated my address on the website in early January). Luckily I was able to re-route the package to the UPS store and OuiPlease updated my address manually for future packages. I definitely recommend emailing OuiPlease directly with any shipping changes.
It’s also important to keep in mind that your annual subscription will be auto-renewed even if you haven’t received all of your boxes. Mine was set to renew this month despite only having received 4 total boxes however cancelling is simple (via the website) and I confirmed with OuiPlease:
“Since you still have boxes remaining your account is not fully cancelled but it is pending cancellation. Once you have received all boxes of your subscription the status of your account will change to complete because your subscription will be complete and you will not be charged again. So to confirm: you will receive all 6 boxes of the subscription.”
Now that my PSA is out of the way, here’s what was in my OuiPlease Vol. 1.6: White Winter in the Alps box (links open up to the brand’s product page):
- Mirgiole Sorbonne Earrings – $60 (Mirgiole’s website lists the price as 35.00€ or about $40)
- Tassia Canellis OuiPlease Exclusive Pearl Bracelet – $50
- 1951 Maison Francaise Leather Clutch – $100 (Not pictured in the OuiPlease Magazine, price listed in packing slip)
- Harem des Sens Fabulous Silk Milk – $30 (75ml/2.5 fl oz bottle)
- Histoires de Parfums Tubereuse 1 Eau de Parfum – $40 (14ml/0.46 fl oz bottle, however Histores de Parfum’s website states $35)
- oOlution Glow Up – $40 (30ml bottle – however oOlution’s website states the 50ml bottle is $37)
- Lebon Cinnamon Mint Toothpaste – $17 (75ml/2.6oz bottle)
- L’attelier Les Ladures – $25 (125g/4.41oz and includes both dark and milk chocolate disks)
- L’attelier Caramelized Walnuts – $15 (50g/1.76oz – Not pictures in the OuiPlease Magazine)
Total – $377
Pricing wise, I felt they weren’t too far off this time but still are probably closer to the $300 mark.
My favorite item is the 1951 Maison Francaise clutch, especially since most subscribers received a card holder instead. I don’t plan on using the bag as a clutch, but rather I will probably use it as a makeup bag. I am most excited to try the Lebon toothpaste because it is (to me) an unexpected item in a subscription box. I was happy to see they included a full-size bottle, as well!
My least favorite item is the L’attelier caramelized walnuts, but that is mainly because they included their roasted almonds in the Vol. 1.5 box already. All L’attelier food items I have received have been delicious, though, so I am happy to see them included regardless. I do feel like they are a little overpriced with how small they are.
On first use, the Histoires de Parfums Tubereuse 1 perfume is not my taste, but my boyfriend liked it and said it smelled like blue koolaid. I haven’t decided if this is a good thing yet. The scent definitely improves after awhile.
I love both of the gold jewelry pieces I received, even though they are not my style, I can definitely appreciate them.
I haven’t had a chance to really test out the Harem des Sens or oOlution products, but they smell really good and I can’t wait to play around with them.
Overall, I really like the items they chose this time around and felt there was a good balance of categories. I have two more boxes left before my subscription is fully cancelled, so hopefully OuiPlease will continue improving.